Sunday, February 11, 2007

Coming out of hibernation

Even though the ground is still covered with a thick layer of snow, and poor Brutus hasn't been on a real walk in about two weeks due to the artic chill, I found the inspiration to spend this morning oiling up my boots with leather food, and locating my trusty scrum cap. Why? Well, as I stepped outside this morning and found that the temperate was FINALLY in the positive degrees - a forecast of 29 today! - I started thinking about what the date might be....sure enough, it's already February 11th! That's only three days away from my least favorite holiday (I have never been in a relationship on V-Day, and thus never received a real valentine...but before I crack open a box of Franzia and start drowning my sorrows, I'll move on) - much more importantly, it's only 20 days away from my first rugby game of the season! YAY!!! Making the event even more exciting, is that this isn't a game for UNI, but a Midwest U23 event. I'll get to play with some of the best players in the Midwest (or for that matter, the country), catch up with some of my best rugby buddies, and also see some new faces just moved up from the U19 bracket. Better yet, we'll be playing in Memphis, which not only means that it will be MUCH warmer than it is here, but also that I'll get to utilize my redneckness for the weekend, go to Elvis's home for the first time, and just breathe that sigh of relief I always feel whenever I'm back in the south...

I'm not certain, but I feel like we're playing Mid-south u23 something or others - I should probably pay more attention. At any rate, we'll get two games in and supposedly I'll be holding the 9 jersey for both. Honestly, I can't wait to get out there. I've worked so hard over the course of this off-season, and I really want to get out there and see how all this commitment pays off on the field...I think this could be a very good year for me...

Yay, rugby =)

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online