Friday, February 16, 2007

40-TIME UPDATE!

Okay, so the 5.4 could have been a messed up time, but the good news is - I'm still the 5.5-5.6 range!!!!

Last night at practice, AFTER we had done a bunch of drills and I was pretty much drained, I still managed to pull off a 5.63!!! My legs were also pretty sore from front squats the day before, so I KNOW I can do better. Best of all, this confirms that there has truly been an improvement in my 40 times....My time at the beginning of last summer was a 6.13, SOOO slow! Since then, it seems I have improved by about a half-second or more!!!

I am so thankful that I have found the programs and the people who have helped me do this...and I'm glad I put in the time and effort to make it happen. Basically, if you are having trouble with your speed (or even if you aren't and just want to improve!), then I HIGHLY recommend Julie McCoy's footwork camp. I truly believe that it has been her program that has added the final element to the speed work I had already been doing, and allowed me to break through whatever barriers I was experiencing with form and explosiveness...

I'm going to continue to try to widdle precious increments off of those times. It's a good feeling not to be the slow kid anymore =)

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online