Monday, January 28, 2008

Hmmm...just keeping track

Well, this may start looking more like a workout log in the coming days/weeks/months however long I keep up with writing stuff down here. It saves paper and is an easy way for me to look things up and to share/compare with others.

To be honest I've been a bit conflicted about all things rugby lately, but as far as I'm concerned that's no reason to slack on training so after a couple days of thought-hiking (roaming in the woods for hours on end with Brutus so as to clear my head) I'm back to the grind in the gym and on the field. Yesterday I did a workout that doesn't sound so bad, but really kicked my ass....here goes:

3 rounds:

100 meter sprint
20 pushups
10 tuck jumps
45 second rest
100 meter sprint
20 crunches
10 tire thrusters


So...it turns out tire thrusters, when done after sprinting, are a serious ass kicker. It was a fairly short workout but definitely got me about as close to a "I want to die" on the perceived effort scale as I've felt in a while. After catching my breath I did quite a bit box kicking/drop kicking practice with both feet and then did my traditional playing soccer with the rugby ball routine with Brutus. He loves attacking the ball but is good about not sinking his teeth into it. He keeps me moving and I get a good little aerobic workout while we play. To close things out we went for a brief hike before my fingers started to get frostbitten and Brutus decided it would be a good idea to try to eat the horse poop. Poop eating + frozen fingers = time to go home =).

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online