Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Nationals Update!

So we finally know all the teams in our pool!!!

Saturday, April 21st, Gainesville, FL:

Univ. of Northern Iowa vs. Appalachian State

and

Virginia vs. UC Davis


I've never played against any of these teams, so I really don't know what to expect, except hard fought rugby. It's certainly a decent pool, now we just have to see what we can do with it...

We have Midwest U23 LAU's this weekend in the COOOOLD. Not the best thing to prepare for 85 degree heat, but that's life I suppose. I'm excited to see some of my friends from Kentucky and Ohio as they travel up to Iowa Falls this weekend for the U23 event...and then excited to see even more friends down in Florida next weekend!

As for my whole crossfit/nutrition approach, I'm feeling great right now! More details on my workouts and progress to come........

2 comments:

Katy said...

I'm totally rooting for your team at Sweet 16s (although I will have torn loyalties if/when you play UVA on Sunday! Once a MARFU player, always a MARFU team lover....)

I'm so excited to see some new faces in the tournament. It speaks so highly of the growth collegiate rugby has had recently. Good luck!

Kentucky said...

Thanks Katy!

We' had been to the DI Sweet 16 the past 2 years, but no success yet. We usually have to play a #1 seed first round and that has kind of killed things for us, but this year we had a bit of a better draw. Hopefully we can capitalize on it!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online