Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Random Poetic interlude...

Haven't done this in a while...but since I've been in a fairly somber mood as of late I thought I might as well post my latest poem. I guess it sort of goes along with my "long winter" mood. Anyways, here goes:



Colorblind


Some of us are blinded from the inside out.
With shrinking, shriveling, sad little hearts
Which turn two sparkling baby blues
To a hollow gray.

All the better to see you with,
My far away, immediate nothing.
Darkness? If only.
It’s the color that’s gone.

Gray as the sunshine,
Gray as the hole in my stomach
Gray as the pathetic, meandering
Apology I’ve imagined for myself
With love, from you.

Gray. Like the hilarity of hope.

No blackness, no dark,
Not blind of objects, nor of light.
Yet straining, tired, and bloodshot…
Numb, as the outside shines – sparkling, bouncing,
Brilliant against the gray, grey…gray -

Yes, blind.
Having seen it all,
And still, nothing but gray.

4 comments:

Amy said...

From one of your loyal readers in Japan: I really love this poem! The play on the spelling of gray/grey really tickled my fancy especially.
It warms my heart to know you still write. You'll always be one of my fav. writing partners.
Seriously though... dig this poem! The rythm is... spot on.

Kentucky said...

Awww thanks Amy-sensei! You are my fave writing partner as well...

I MISS YOU!!!!! I can't wait till you come back from Japan and we can explore Philly and NYC together - yay!


(In the meantime, if anyone else would like to explore with me - please do!)

Anonymous said...

I don't live in Japan but really close, Iowa. When are you going to come and explore? I will give you a call about the job rec. Hang tough!

Kentucky said...

you are such a nerd. =)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online