Sunday, January 28, 2007

Poetry Corner

So I have this poetry class and I'm supposed to write a poem a week. Sometimes inspiration is there, sometimes it's not...either way, I always have to find something to be artsy about. After a couple of hours of staring at a blank computer screen, I finally spouted out this little diddy and thought I would post it...it's just a little reminder to go out there and chase your dreams. Whatever it is, don't let it pass you by...

I hope you all enjoy a little of my mushy side - here goes:


Sweet Dreams

‘Twas a snowy day I took a walk along a wooded path
When along my way I heard a sound - someone weeping off the track.
High and low I searched the brush till spotting human form,
I walked forth and saw a figure lying over snow and under thorn.

Creeping closer what more did I see, but a man crying as he slept,
Closer still though snow I crawled, to find cause of why he wept.
I touched his skin and startled back – as cold as ice was he!
Tears dripped from under clenched shut eyes and froze upon his cheek.

“Arise!” I yelled, “Dear man, I know not what dreams you have -
Sleep’s nightmare holds you in her grip – a deathbed as her wrath!”
No sooner had I spoke these words than he awoke, upon his side he turned,
Snowy lids he cracked then shut once more – my saving grace he spurned!

“Why man do you keep thee here? Know you not the risk you take?
Awake and see your nightmare’s fraud; get up for goodness sake!”
“Alas,” said he “The dreams are sweeter here, in Forever’s sleep upon the frost;
Men’s hearts weep not of wicked dreams they’ll have, but of sweeter dreams they’ve lost.”

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online