Sunday, January 21, 2007

Blizzzzard!


Okay...so not really. But I'm from Kentucky, and there aren't too many occassions where there is 12+ inches of snow on the ground (only three I can think of in my childhood), so any large amount of snow kind of seems like a blizzard to me. Anyways, because there aren't really large enough hills for respectable sledding here in Cedar Falls, I decide I would just take Brutus out for a little Sunday romp in a local soccer field...Needless to say, he loved it!! We found a couple of sticks, which were able to capture his attention enough that I could let him off-lease without worrying he would get distracted and try to intimidate some poor old man on a snow-blower. Also, I will say that trekking a mile or so through some pretty thick snow, and then trying to run around in a field and keep up with a four-legged friend is hard work! For a while I got really hot and even threw off my coat and just romped around in my snow-overalls and a tank top (I felt a little like a badass, which was kind of fun).



Anyhow, here are some pictures I took of my bestest friend. Once we got home I ran inside and got my camera and then went back out to the courtyard of my apartment complex to capture some snowy close-ups. Isn't he just the cutest friggin thing in the world???

Here's one last one I took once we got back inside. I think it captures perfectly the idea of snuggling up on the couch on a cold winter day and just taking it easy:

I heart my dog =)

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online