Saturday, December 9, 2006

Well, I'm a little bit bummed today. I finally solicited someone to come out and time some 40's with me and well.....the numbers are all over the place.

My best time: 5.81
My worst time: 6.13 (also my first run)

The rest? Well, all over the place.....5.94, 6.04, 5.84...etc, no consistancy.

The 5.81 isn't so bad considering some of my times in the past.....my best time at a tryout was a 5.85, so this would be better than that. What concerns me is that I'm not consistent. Even if I have a 5.75 in me, if I step up to the line at a tryout and pull a 6.1 out of my ass, then it doesn't really do me much good....I mean, seriously, we only get two runs at it...=(

So yeah, a little discouraging. I work out everyday...I do the speed stuff...I eat well....ya know, live the life - I'd just like to see some results. And aside from tryouts, what really matters is what happens on the field. If I am improving my speed, can I show it out there where it really counts? Hopefully footwork camp in January will help me out a little bit where that is concerned, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see.

If anyone has any tips, feel free to send them my way.

Rugby love to all...

-KY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Kentucky, I noticed that you seem a bit bummed about the 40 situation, but I wouldn't worry about it too much, you'll get there.

I used to be super slow...i'm also a big kid (flanker), but I got my 40 down to 4.91 with a series of speed workouts that are awesome.

I'd do sprint workouts three days a week, 2 of which would be sprints uphill mixed with stairs. Sprinting uphill will make you lift your knees more and make sprinting on flat surfaces easier (also if you're competetive, its good to run with someone). And don't forget that rest day is really important.

-Shaina from San Diego

P.S. I pretty much have the same goal as you, so maybe I'll see you in the rugby world sometime.

Kentucky said...

Hey that's awesome - running a 4.9 is a great accomplishment, especially if you didn't start out that way. Any way you could send me a copy of the sprint workouts you do? I always like to see what others are doing and check it out if it might work for me. If you want, you could post it on here or send me an email at Realmccoy55@hotmail.com

And yeah, chances are we probably will run into each other somewhere down the line - I'm all over the place these days. Who do you play for??

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online