Thursday, December 14, 2006




Yay!!!! Today after my last final at 10am, I'm packin up my white pickup truck and heading home to the Bluegrass State!!! There is NOTHING more exciting for me than getting over the state line and seeing the hills, horses, and mountains after having driven hour upon hour through the desert-like cornfields...SOOOO boring. I'll admit that the midwest has a lot to offer, I mean, it feeds the rest of the country, they drink lots of beer...they take care of their lawns...they have some kickass rugby =)....but a couple of things they certainly do not have is beautiful scenery and good weather. I mean, seriously, I don't mind the cold if it's worthwhile. When it snows at home or in a place like Colorado you can go sledding, skiiing, hiking, etc, etc. Here in Iowa what do you do? Well, if you're really ambitious you might build a snowman. And oh, btw, if a native midwesterner ever invites you sledding, excited that they have found a VERY big hill - do not believe them. It will merely be a patch of sloping grass and you will be very disappointed.

However, snow is not what I'm concerned with right now, because at 10pm tonight I'll be hanging with all my friends back home in Big Blue Nation, spending a couple nights at UK, and then heading home to Pikeville, KY where it is 65 degrees!!! Excited, YES!!!






What does this mean for rugby??? Well, for one it means I'll have a training partner and someone to catch my passes for a few days because my friend Jill is coming to visit from New Mexico...It also means I'll get a much-needed break from training indoors.








Country home, I love you.





P.S. The pictures are of my hometown (top, left), and Kentucky Basketball (bottom, right)

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online