Thursday, November 23, 2006














Alright, so it's Thanksgiving, which is great for family time, getting to go home to the mountains (thank God), no school, and lots of FOOD. Which, I have to say, I'm pretty excited about, seeing that I get to start chowing down in a couple of hours. However, as you can imagine, this isn't so great for my "plan". One might wonder if, in the effort to get in maximum shape one should forgo all the goodies that come with this awesome holiday. However, I would say no. It's not the "once in a while" eating that gets us, it's the everyday extras: candy, toppings, corn syrup, white bread...basically all those little luxuries that make food taste AMAZING. If you can cut most of those out of your daily diet, then getting in ultimate shape is a definite possibility.

Here is a sample of the diet plan I am currently TRYING to stick to - though I don't have the exact meal plan with me at the moment to put down, I can give you a sample day of what I eat:


Meal 1: 3-4 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal made with skim milk, sprinkled with raisins

Meal 2: 2 slices WHOLE WHEAT bread (this means first ingredient is Stoned Ground Wheat)
6 oz. sliced Deli turkey
lettuce
1-2 tsp light miracle whip

Meal 3: 1 scoop protein shake
2 tsp peanut butter
celery

Meal 4: 1/2 cup brown rice
1 can light tuna packed in water
1-2 tsp miracle whip

Meal 5: 1 whole egg, 3-4 egg whites
1 cup steamed or grilled vegetables


Keep in mind that 3/4-1 gallon of water should be consumed everyday, and also that one day a week is a cheat day. Even though I try my best to stick to this diet, things come up and I am trying to be dedicated without being obsessive.

There are also SUPPLEMENTS that need to be factored in, and I will get to those tomorrow. Although not a necessity to a nutrition plan, I have found that they do help me to look and feel my best, and will hopefully make it easier for me to reach my goals as an athlete.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online