Thursday, November 30, 2006

Okay, so when I started this blog I had in mind that people would read it (I mean, seriously, why else would you write stuff on the internet?), but I suppose that somewhere, somehow in the deep recesses of my twisted little mind I had imagined that no one ever would. That I would be able to put down in cyberspace somewhere distant from everyone else that I in four years I was going to play on the National Team; that I was going to get in the ultimate physical shape; that I was truly going to make a life change and truly going to commit myself at a deeper level than ever before......

but if no one ever read it, what would it matter if didn't happen???

But then...just when I was feeling myself starting to slip, just when my goals were looking a little too lofty - I became accountable. Accountablity is a funny thing. It can be a concrete kind of accountability - like grades or job assignments or the law. OR it can be that little nagging guilt you feel when someone else is witness to your shortcomings. That thing in the back of your mind that keeps you from eating the whole box of cookies when your roommate is watching, or the fact that EVERYONE washes their hands so long as someone else is in the bathroom, whether they are strangers or not. Well, this is kind of like that. Now that people may be watching I suppose I'm a little more inclined not to f*** up. So anyways, here's how I was discovered:

These rugby bloggers must be an inquisitive group (either that or far better at navigating random blogs than I am) because somehow I was spotted from amongst all the junk out there and added to the "ruckosphere".

My presence on the web was announced on an awesome rugby blog called Saturday's a Rugby Day. Check it out here:

http://saturdayrugbyday.blogspot.com/2006/11/another-gal-in-ruckosphere.html

Let's hope this accountability thing works.....tomorrow morning I'll be up at 5:30am to resume my conditioning regimine. And if I'm not? Well, I guess I'll be letting you know....

2 comments:

Blondie said...

Don't think of it as being held accountable, think of it as not being alone, having "teammates" in a way.

Other like-minded and interesting people who understand why rugby is important to you, because it's important to them too. And are willing to share ideas and resources.

Just a thought ...

Kentucky said...

Very good observation....I can see that you are much more of a "glass half-full" type of person than I am - I'll have to work on that =).

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online