Monday, November 27, 2006




Today is not the best start to my post-Thanksgiving dedication de fitness. Lucky for me, Friday morning I awoke feeling a little under the weather, and my mini-plague has decided to persist even after my return to the cornfields. While I was at home and still hadn't restarted my diet it wasn't so bad - I sat on the couch and watched endless amounts of movies and tv while my parents were more than happy to doctor me with thanksgiving leftovers, pizza, ice cream, and coke. Knowing that all of these treats would soon be a thing of the past made relishing them all the more important. However, all good things must come to an end, and with the end of my stay in Kentucky, so ended my binge of wonderfully tasty things.

Though the 12 hour drive wasn't the coolest with a cold, I will say that I am exceptionally proud of myself for not cheating ONCE even over the course of the entire drive. To stay awake, I had merely a single sugar free Red Bull, and to eat, I dined on McDonalds and culvers grilled chicken sandwiches. Though not ideal (because you never know what those ppl add to their food), I will had to say that I was pretty good, and for one of the three meals I ate on the road, only scarfed down the chicken, and left the bun. This brings to my attention how difficult it is to eat out, especially fast food, when trying to eat healthy. Yet, I am also reminded that it is POSSIBLE. Things like grilled chicken, water, baked potatoes, yogurt, salad and even fruit are all menu items that can be found at various popular fastfood places. To be healthy, you just have to TRY!!!! (and also forgo taste and enjoyment from time to time, but that's part of the fun, eh? ;)


In any case, the nutrition facts for ALL the foods you injest at those chains can usually be found at their websites, here are some of them:



Anyhow, as of today I still remain on track for not having cheated - although I must confess that being in hurry caused me to skip my morning doses of vitamins and creatine, but I'll get to those upon returning home. I tried to get up at 5:30am to do my morning workout, but was unable due to the persistance of my cold. When I return home I will probably throw myself straight onto my couch for a giant nap. Let's hope that will energize me enough, if not for a short weight session tonight, then to resume my "rugby greatness" program for tomorrow morning. I hate being sick but let's face it, to push myself further than I am capable will only hold me back in the long run...so I'll just have to continue the nutrition end and hope to be back at full strength VERY soon.

P.S. My goal is to post pictures of my progress every two weeks, along with weight, fat %, 40 times, etc. STAY TUNED!!!










1 comments:

Blondie said...

Hi ...

Welcome to the "ruckosphere". I'm adding you to my list of rugby bloggers. Good luck in your training!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online