Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Don't leave!!!

Okay, so I know I've been a TERRIBLE blogger, but my laptop still isn't fixed - hopefully by the end of this week, and then I will be back on all the f'n time!!!

In the meantime, all kinds of exciting rugby things are on the horizon. I had a great time in England, and I have come back refreshed and ready to dive into the season. We had our first outdoor practice yesterday, and seriously, I think there' s just something amazing about going out there and getting dirty after a LOOOOONG winter! And you know what, I think tackling seriously wards off depression. I mean, really...I think EVERYONE should at some point in their life experience tackling someone, even if it's just some random drunken antic - it's just so empowering and, well, FUN! So yeah, I went to practice yesterday really stressed out and not feeling so hot, but after getting out there in the fresh air and putting my shoulder into somebody and feeling what it's like to be out there on the grass again, I felt amazing!!!

This weekend we have our first UNI game of the season, against the Minnesota U23's. On Saturday the Amazons are being kind enough to put us up and also to host a little clinic for us, that should be especially beneficial for our forwards, who haven't been able to do much scrum work considering the indoor practices we've been holding.

Also, I'm in the process of making a lot of big girl decisions about my whereabouts after college. It's really tough to sink your teeth into the real world for the first time, but I think I'll be able to make the right decision because the rugby people of the world have been so helpful.

I have to be getting back to my apartment now because I'm pretty much starving to death (that's what sucks about not having a computer next to my couch anymore - I can't EAT and type at the same time). Like I said, I hope to have my laptop up and running VERY soon, and to reinstate myself as an active blogger!

Rugby Love,

Kentucky

1 comments:

Katy said...

i'm so glad you're back! make sure you pick a rugby team before you get a job. rugby people are the lifeblood for certain after college is over.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online